This article consists of my thoughts on exfoliation for beautiful skin.
Exfoliation is the removal process of dry, dead skin cells from the top layer of skin. When the dead skin accumulates on the top layer of skin on your body, it dulls the skin making it look unhealthy.
It is of great importance that you exfoliate your skin occasionally to prevent this build up. Exfoliating creates smoother skin and helps to keep your skin healthy and glowing.
It is one of the most important things that you can do to help prevent acne and other skin problems. To exfoliate you can use facial scrubs and facial sponges or even your fingers will work.
I recommend exfoliating at least once a week. You do not want to do it every day because your new skin cells need time to reguvinate. When the dead skin cells that were clogging the pores are removed, new cells will grow in their place.
Here are some ideas of natural facial scrubs that you can use in the exfoliation process:
1. Baking Soda – Baking soda is used in most of the expensive exfoliants that you will find on the market today. Mix with water.
2. Sugar – Is a natural source of Glycolic Acid which boosts new cell regeneration. Mix sugar with any massage oil (coconut, olive, jojoba, almond, grape seed etc.)
3. Sea Salt – Has many minerals that help to rejuvenate the skin. Great for dry skin. Mix with any of the massage oils.
4. Honey – Great antibacterial for healthy skin. Use with exfoliants in place of massage oils.
5. Oatmeal – Helps remove unwanted impurities from the surface of the skin. Mix with water or massage oils.
6. Coffee – Boosts Collagen production. Mix coffee grounds with massage oils or water.
7. Yogurt – add sugar for coarseness.
Mix products into a paste and gently scrub face in a circular motion with an exfoliation facial sponge or your fingers.
Article and photo by: Jeanne Wells